My awesome husband took me out on a date last night. After our quiet dinner, he took me to a Broadway show, a first for me. The Playbill:
Monty Python is one of Karl’s favorite things. I enjoyed his laughter and recitation of lines in my left ear. I’m sure he wasn’t the only man in the place who knew several scenes word-for-word. In fact, I know he wasn’t, as the gentleman to my right recited his favorite lines as well.
My favorite moments:
* the sing along at the end
* the taunting of the French knights
* very large cow thrown over the castle wall, crushing Patsy
* I loved listening to Esther Stilwell (Lady of the Lake) sing. She has a gorgeous voice!
* the surprises — there were many!
This clip comes from the Tony Awards, but it’s pretty much what we saw last night.
It’s lots of fun. If you like Monty Python, then you’ll probably love this show.