Whew!! Life has been super-busy these last couple of weeks. We’ve enjoyed family reunions, birthday parties, my wedding anniversary, and summer camp. Life is full and good and blessed.
- At the end of May, Karl and I celebrated 15 years of marriage. We dropped the kids off at the grands’ house and spent a couple of days alone. We stayed home, ate out, geocached, and relaxed as much as possible. We had a great time together. After 15 years, we’ve had our fair share of wondering if we even like each other anymore. Well, I can’t speak for Karl. He probably hasn’t ever wondered that because he’s a better person than I am. But when we’re alone and not thinking about work or household chores or kids or what we have to do next, when we’re able to have an uninterrupted conversation, we remember what we like about each other. I’m grateful for grandparents who will take our kids and make fun memories with them.
- I mentioned Karl and I went geocaching. While we were waiting for our table at Chuy’s, we looked up nearby geocaches. There happened to be one right up the hill, and we decided we had time to find it. We trekked up a very steep hill to an old cemetery. Did you know there was a cemetery hiding on the hill above The Summit? I didn’t either. But there are just a few graves protected by a chain-link fence. I snapped this picture from the summit of The Summit. 🙂
The only problem was that we weren’t too sure about walking down the way we walked up. We took the long way around and made it to the restaurant just as our beeper began to light up and vibrate.
- Summer camp was great! I was able to spend every night and all day Friday at camp. I’m so proud of our scouts — they were awarded Best Overall Troop! I don’t have permission to share online my photos from camp, but I can show you my sleeping arrangements for that week (iPhone pic). If you know me, then you know how much I enjoy sleeping outside. The first few nights at home I really missed the tree frogs and crickets singing me to sleep.
- Tuesday, we celebrated my second child’s 13th birthday. We did whatever he wanted to do that day. If only I had a dime for every time I heard, “It’s mah birfday!”
- I decided to get back into Instagram. So many of my friends are using it and they don’t always post to facebook, so…I started a new profile. Let me know if you’re on Instagram so I can follow you!
Blogging time is over. The kids are ready to get out of the house for a little while. Thanks for reading!